Apple Watch is now updating a important new software that delivers loads of new features to current designs. After updating to iOS 13, look for the watchOS 6 update inside the iPhone’s Apple Watch, then run below to discover the top features included in the new update.
Top new Features
- Loads of new watch faces — Meridian, Modular Compact, Solar Dial, California, and Gradient work with Apple Watch Series 4 and later. Nike versions of Series 4 and later include new Nike faces as well. Apple Watch Series 1 and later include new versions of Numerals faces.
- New built-in apps — Apple Watch has now its own built-in App Store for discovering and downloading new watch apps. There’s also a new built-in calculator app with tipping features, Voice Memos for recording audio and syncing to iCloud, and Audiobooks for streaming and syncing audiobooks from Apple Books. You can also optionally delete most built-in apps for the first time.
- New health apps — watchOS 6 introduces two new health apps: Cycle Tracking for logging menstrual cycles and viewing fertile windows for reproductive health, and Noise app for detecting decibel levels above recommended volumes.
- New Siri features — Siri on Apple Watch can now show web results for search queries using voice (a useful feature when away from iPhone). Siri can also now locate family and friends using the updated Find People app (which replaces Find Friends).
- Radio streaming — Coming later this month, Apple Watch will be able to stream live radio from iHeartRadio, Radio.com, and TuneIn stations directly over the Internet
- Activity Trends — Track health and fitness with your Apple Watch? Check the Activity app on the iPhone in iOS 13 for a look at Trends. Here’s how it works:
For Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple Watch Series 4, WatchOS 6 is available from today. Apple Watch Series 5 is already mounted with watchOS 6. Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch Series 2 will receive the new software update later this year.
Here you can discover a complete breakdown of support for Apple Watch features.